Staying Protected While Winter Traveling via GPS Trackers
Over 112 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more away from their home during the 2022/2023 winter period — an increase of 3.6 million people from last year. One of the biggest concerns travelers have is protecting their homes during their vacation, and rightly so. Thieves often take advantage of the darker months and look for presents to steal.
Investing in GPS trackers for traveling provides you with the peace of mind you need during your vacation. Whether you are traveling to another state or another continent, these compact devices track your most prized valuables and provide real-time location insights about their whereabouts.
Learn more about GPS trackers for a winter vacation and learn the answer to the question, "Where do you put GPS trackers when you travel?"
How Do GPS Trackers for Traveling Protect Your Valuables?
A GPS tracker is a small electronic device that attaches to an object with magnets or cables. The tracker connects to a series of satellites orbiting the earth >to determine the asset's exact location — a process called triangulation.
LandAirSea GPS trackers can send you real-time insights when a valuable leaves its geofence — a pre-determined virtual area you can define on a map in a mobile app that syncs with its products.
You can use GPS trackers for traveling to:
- Protect valuables in your home during your vacation
- Protect valuables in your holiday home, hotel room, Airbnb, or other vacation accommodation
Say you received an expensive television as a holiday gift and live in an area where burglaries are common. You can attach a GPS tracker to the bottom of the TV with magnets and receive notifications when it moves from its geofence — for example, your living room. That suggests someone has broken into your home and stolen the item. You can track your TV's location as it moves from your property and share these details with law enforcement. Police might quickly locate your asset and find the people who stole it.
Another use case for GPS trackers for traveling is attaching one of these devices inside the glove box of your car during a road trip. As you stay in different accommodation types during your vacation, you can receive notifications if your vehicle leaves its geofence and quickly locate it.
What Are the Benefits of GPS Trackers for Traveling?
Here are some advantages of investing in a GPS tracker for your vacation.
- >GPS trackers are small enough not to be noticed by criminals if you hide them in the right place. So, where do you put GPS trackers when you travel? We>ll, you can place a tracker at the bottom of a jewelry box filled with valuable items, inside a pocket of a designer bag, and in various other places. Criminals are unlikely to be looking for GPS trackers when breaking into your home and stealing valuables, which means you can track expensive assets as soon as they leave their predetermined geofence.
- The best GPS trackers — like those manufactured by LAS —provide real-time location information, not data from hours or days ago. That means you can track the latest location data on your vacation and take swift action if a valuable leaves its geofence.
- GPS trackers have a long battery life that lasts up to a year or even more. So you can track your valuables even if you leave your property (or holiday accommodation) for long periods. Spending six months in the Alps? LAS trackers provide you with location information during your entire vacation.
- GPS trackers, especially those made by LAS, are easy to use. All you need to do is attach a tracking device to a valuable with the provided cables or strong magnets and set up an app on your phone to track your asset. (LAS products also let you track valuables directly from your internet browser on a desktop computer.)
How Do LAS GPS Trackers for Traveling Provide Protection When Winter Traveling?
LAS has pioneered GPS technology since the 1990s. It supplies GPS-enabled devices to law enforcement, fleet management companies, border control, and government agencies, making it the go-to resource for surveillance tracking solutions.
This winter, consider investing in a LAS tracking device for your vacation. You can track almost any asset in your home or holiday accommodation and get the peace of mind you need to enjoy your travels.
Here are some of the best LAS GPS trackers for traveling:
LandAirSea 54 With ShareSpot
Attach this GPS tracker to your most valuable assets before you travel this winter or use it in your vacation accommodation. This product comes with cables and industrial-strength magnets and is waterproof and dustproof. Other features include a six-month battery, battery alerts, speed alerts, and a unique ShareSpot feature that allows you to share the location of your device with other people.
Attach the LandAirSea Sync to your car's OBD II port without worrying about buying or charging batteries. This device can protect your vehicle if you leave it at home during a vacation and sends real-time insights if the item leaves its geofence.
Attach the LandAirSea Overdrive to valuable assets with the provided magnet and receive real-time notifications if assets go missing during your vacation. Other features include dark mode, historical reporting, and a battery life that lasts 3–4 times longer than the LandAirSea Sync With ShareSpot.
Not sure what GPS tracker to invest in for your vacation? LAS can help. Contact a team member for further guidance and general tips about the latest surveillance technology. You can also learn more answers to the question, "Where do you put GPS trackers when you travel?"
Benefits of LAS Tracking Devices for Your Winter Vacation
Here are some of the benefits of purchasing a LAS GPS unit for your vacation:
LAS products provide GPS location intelligence that's accurate within 6 inches.
No Activation Fees
There are no activation fees, contracts, or hidden surprises when purchasing a device from LAS.
Contact a member of the team whenever you like to troubleshoot an issue. Alternatively, you can access online tutorials and FAQ pages.
You can set up real-time notifications by downloading the Silvercloud app on Google Play or the App Store.
LAS tracking units cost up to 80% less than similar products on the market.
LAS offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Get Peace of Mind When Traveling
If you are one of the more than 112 million people expected to travel this winter season, investing in a GPS device will provide you with the protection you deserve. Attach a tracker to a valuable asset and prevent criminals from stealing it while you are on your travels.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about GPS trackers for traveling.